Individually, they’re SEALs, Rangers, Special Forces, Raiders, PJs, and Controllers. But collectively, we tend to call them operators. Technically that term should be reserved for those who’ve made it into the ranks of the elite Tier 1 units, but it’s become so commonplace we’re not gonna fight it.
Either way, they’ve got the sexy gear, the most baller missions, and their beards have inspired even hipsters to add a little face-armor to their look. We don’t get to hear much about what they do when they’re out bangin’ hammers, but every once in a while a picture will leak and we get a peek behind that top-secret curtain.
So without further ado, we’ve compiled a list of the most operator photos of the Global War on Terror. These guys, regardless of unit, have come to define the public image of what it means to be an operator. Here’s our top 15 most operatin’ operators, in no particular order:
1. That one special forces guy that you’ve seen everywhere but have no idea who he actually is. We salute you, famous special forces guy.
2. The Army Ranger doin’ a little aerial recon in Afghanistan. T-shirts and beards go together like whiskey and ice!
3. That one Australian dude with a righteous mustache who is *very* happy about that thug life!
4. Rob O’Neill, the SEAL who popped Bin Laden, right after sticking a bayonet throw … into bin Laden’s face.
5. A U.S. Air Force PJ out on a little mountain walk in Afghanistan with ol’ glory strapped to his back. He’s just so … beautiful!
6. Marine Raiders, aka the original Sons of Anarchy. We’d like to think that at least one of them said “autobots, roll out!” during this mission.